General Fiction posted February 8, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
They did many things together

Brian And Carol

by pookietoo


Carol put a looking for love ad in her local newspaper on a Monday. A few days later, she received a phone call from a boy named Brian. When they started to talk, they seemed to click and wanted to take this relationship further. They decided to have a picnic at the beach the next Saturday. Each of them brought some great good to eat: bologna sandwich, fried chicken, potato chips, sodas, and a small potato salad.

It was such a lovely summer day. There was a gentle breeze blowing. There were many people at the beach that day. As they started to get engaged in a conversation, they discovered that they had a few things in common. They clicked. Both of them loved summer and loved going to the beach. They each came from a family of four boys and three girls. They both loved fishing, riding bikes, watching professional baseball, and just plain having fun. Brian had a german shepherd named Max. He decided to bring him along on their date. He went right to Carol. He was a very friendly dog. They felt very comfortable talking to each other. They were both 18. Both of then had just broken up with someone they had dated. This person had given them both a lot of heartache. They didn't know how soon they could date again, but they are glad they decided to go out. They told jokes and laughed. They looked into each other's blue eyes. When one of them told a joke, the other one told the punchline. They had brought their swimming suits and went swimming in the beach.

After a couple of hours of swimming, they got out. They didn't feel so comfortable with someone of the opposite sex before. They felt calm. There was a peace that seemed to envelop them. They didn't feel nervous or anxious at all like some people feel on a first date. They didn't have to pray about their relationship. The peace they felt helped them know it was love at first sight. Max seemed to know this too. They wanted to have many more dates with each other as the time went on. They would tell their parents all about each other. Both of them felt comfortable with each other to express their love to each other which they did. They hugged and gave each other a small kiss on the lips. What a fun and memorable first date they had.

After their first date, Brian and Carol called each other every two weeks. They went to a lunch date at their favorite restaurants once every two weeks, went to movies, rode their bikes, and went fishing at the lake. They went on long walks together, went to baseball games, and played card games. They found time once in a while to go to a movie with friends of theirs. After three months of dating each other, Brian's parents got to meet Carol, and Carol's parents got to meet Brian. Each of them went to the others person's house for dinner.



Love At First Sight writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Do you believe in love at first sight? Write a fictional story about two people who meet for the first time. Describe how they discover the other person is "The One" in that initial meeting. Word count is 500 - 1,000 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.