General Fiction posted February 8, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Two people looking at the moon. (70 words)

Ceridwen and the Fool

by LisaMay





Ceridwen is pointing.

“Look there, Brick, at the exquisite moon, glowing so beautifully. See the shadowy shapes? No wonder there are all those myths and legends with tales of goddesses and fairy dust, stories of lunar exploration and scientific challenge. Its mystery is captivating. Are you looking?”

“Your finger’s in the way, Ceridwen.”

Ceridwen sighs. So true… 
When the finger points at the moon, the fool only sees the finger.

 



70 Word Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction story. 70 words exactly. Title not included in count.


Author note:
The girl's name Ceridwen comes from the Welsh - 'cerdd', meaning poetry or song, and 'wen' (a contraction of gwen), meaning white, fair or holy. Ceridwen, according to Welsh legends and folklore, was a white witch or goddess, and is considered to be the goddess of poetry, inspiration and of the cauldron of transfiguration. Some websites say she is the goddess of the moon, art, music, magic, and science. Many modern-day pagans still revere her. The moon's beauty will always appeal to the rest of us.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.