Spiritual Non-Fiction posted January 23, 2022 Chapters:  ...13 14 -15- 16... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Racial Zionism

A chapter in the book Sea Of Galilee

Sea Of Galilee - #15:-Zionism #7

by Brett Matthew West


Formed by Rabbi Israel ben Eliezer, Satmar Hasidim is one of the largest Jewish religious groups of ultra-Orthodox Judaism. This organization is noted for its religious and social conservatism and social seclusion.

One of the farthest fringes of traditional Judaism, Neturei Karta was created in Jerusalum and Mandatory Palestine. They oppose Zionism and desire a peaceful dismantling of the State of Israel. They believe Jews are forbidden to have their own state until the coming of the Jewish Messiah and that Israel is a rebellion against God.

The Soviet Union, Palestinians, and many Muslims. What do these five groups share in common? They oppose Zionism because of alleged racism, what they see as unfair land confiscations, as well as the expulsion and violence against Palistinians.

Others who share this view include the Arabs, who believe Zionism is responsible for the 1948 Palestinian Exodus, where more than 700,000 Palestinians fled or were expelled from their homes, and about 600 Palestinian homes were destroyed in the annihilation of Palestinian society and the Palestinian homeland.

Ratified by 53 African countries, the 1979 African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights attempted to eliminate Zionism as an aggressive form of discrimination.

Avi Shlaim is an Israeli-British historian and one of Israel's New Historians. These scholars put forward critical interpretations of Zionism. Shlaim stated, "Throughout its history up to the present day, Zionism is replete with manifestations of deep hostility and contempt towards the indigenous population."

Ahad Ha'am was a Hebrew Essayist, and one of the foremost pre-state Zionist thinkers. Ha'am founded Cultural Zionism and wanted a Jewish state, not a state of Jews. In 1891, Ha'am visited Palestine and published several articles that criticized the aggressive behavior and political ethnocentrism of Zionist settlers. He said "[they] behave towards the Arabs with hostility and cruelty, trespass unjustly upon their boundaries, beat them shamefully without reason and even brag about it, and nobody stands to check their contemptible and dangerous tendencies." Ha'am also claimed, "Zionists believe the only language that the Arabs understand is that of force."

Many critics of Zionism state Jerusalum's notion of Israel as the "chosen people" is the source of their racism.

In December of 1973, the United Nations passed a resolution condemning the "unholy alliance between Portuguese colonialism, Apartheid, and Zionism". Certain Israeli policies toward Palestinians are seen as manifestations of racism in Zionist thinking.

In 1975, the UN General Assembly passed Resolution 3379 calling Zionism a form of racism and racial discrimination. They described the doctrine as "morally condemnable, socially unjust, and dangerous."

A human rights forum resulting from the 2001 UN Conference on racism equated Zionism with "racist crimes, including acts of genocide and ethnic cleansing."

Next Time: Sea Of Galilee #16 - Mandatory Palestine




the ghost city, by supergold, selected to complement my posting.

So, thanks supergold for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my posting.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by supergold at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.