Satire Fiction posted January 17, 2022 Chapters:  ...131 132 -133- 134... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I am seventy

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

ayin aka Omicron

by Iza Deleanu


Did you know that Omicron in the greek alphabet means seventy? Omicron got a chance to shine just because Nu and Xi were too racist if we were fair to the process. Sometimes you get lucky, and voila, you get to be one of Coronella's offspring.

We are living in a strange world. Even the naming of a virus has to be sensitive enough to meet today's demands. Yeah, I am old; we never got offended by such things, but today? Got forbidden to say what you really think!

Thank God for the masks, I can say what they want to hear, but my true self is guarded behind this blue shield. I must admit, I lost the excitement of buying a cool mask. At the end of the day, a cover it's just a mask, so I am going for the old fashion surgical one. I don't even buy them. Every time I go to the library, I play the dumb card and discard my overly used mask for a freshly out-of-the-box piece of art. Blue? I hope one day to get a pink, for variety!

At my work, we are all doctors! Yup, you are right. We are all aligning under the medical sign. Sometimes I feel like screaming: "Doctor, do you need me in the surgery? I meant in the meeting room?"

Speaking of work, my bosses are crazy. Everywhere in the world the management is trying to get alternative schedules. Ours, it's trying to push us in one size fits all! We are all going to start simultaneously, and instead of proper desks, we will just wear masks and be safe. This is the best anti-Coronella strategy! Yooo, Coronella dare to touch me. Please touch meeeeeeeee. I need five days to breathe free at home!

We can use your newborn baby OMI as a cheap excuse to escape the tyranny of our Bosses. Do you feel me?




Here is what inspired today's post: https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/29/health/omicron-covid-variant-naming-cec/index.html
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.