General Non-Fiction posted December 31, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Self-appointed missionary shuns the unsaved

Conditional Charity

by Elizabeth Emerald


My friend Scott is the embodiment of Christian charity. He lives by his creed. If he were to construe a mission statement, it would be: Serving trumps converting.

Scott is known in town as the go-to guy for those in need. As Scott has neither the funds to provide assistance, nor the facilities to offer shelter, he calls upon his church.

As November's chill encroached, Scott arranged for a meeting between Carol, a 77-year-old woman who lives in her car, and a church "outreach" member, who calls himself "Brother John."

Last week, Carol stopped by to visit Scott. She told him she'd found overnight shelter in a "warming center," wherein she was provided with a bed comprised of four wooden armchairs.

Scott inquired as to whether Brother John was working in her behalf as to securing decent accommodations.

Carol told Scott Brother John declined to help her because she wasn't "saved." He'd said earthly homelessness was God's punishment and she would find her eternal home in hell.




 



Recognized


Helza Blaze by MoonWillow on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.