General Non-Fiction posted December 21, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
We should remember Jesus

Commercialism, What A Joke.

by pookietoo

It is crazy that grocery and department stores start putting artifical trees, decorations, and lights in the stores in the middle of October before Halloween even starts.

People make a list of all the people they need to buy the perfect gift for. On the day after Thanksgiving, people have to rush to the stores early in the morning and rush into the store before the crowd to buy the items on sale. Some people trample over others to get in the door first. Television stations have Christmas commercials on November 1st. There are too many ads mailed out. The malls are full the day after Halloween. Radio stations start playing Christmas music in October or the beginning of November.

Americans are focused more on getting rather than giving. They spend a lot of money on toys for their children.
More gifts should be made rather than bought. We shouldn't think, "I have to buy this for this person and this for that person." It is okay if a family has to go without a tree. Some people or families can't afford Christmas. Some live on the streets or in their car. People should think who they can help, donate to the local food banks.

People seem to forget the real reason we celebrate Christmas which is Jesus who was born on that night in Bethlehem over 2000 years ago. He was born to bring us light and goodwill. He was born in a manger because there was no room for Him in the Inn. He is the son of God, his mother was Mary. He is the light of the world. We should listen to songs about Jesus, and ficus on Him. He is the reason for the season.



Meaningful Christmas contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.