Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted December 19, 2021


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a possibility?

An Idea

by pome lover



 
Could pride in one’s country and a nation-wide happy spirit change the commercialization of Christmas?

I have an idea.

It begins with audacity and a lesson in reality. Please read the following, thinking of the possibility of the effect it would have on those who "live above the fray."

Have the border patrol escort ALL of the members of the present administration and the CEOs of Big Tech and Social Media down to our southern border to witness, first hand, the disaster they have created, promoted and/or enabled.

Then, round up hundreds of the illegals, and put them on the busses with the big wigs and take them to their hometowns to live off their and their constituents’ tax money. Film crews could catch the reactions of the locals and see what kind of Christmas spirit exists when they realize where their money will be going and the change to their cities and towns.

It might put the commercial side of Christmas in perspective and just might make them wake up to what America once was and could be again with the leadership of people who actually love and care about this country.

They just might also remember what Christmas is about in a country where its citizens can worship without being told whether or not they are allowed to go, vaxxed or “un”.

How about promoting freedom, the Christmas spirit, a proud and prosperous country that has always stood for fairness and generosity to her own as well as to other countries -- along with their wares. Wouldn’t that melt a tightwad’s heart?

How about promoting the good works of people, young and old, for the less fortunate? There are many of them, quietly doing good. A little praise of others never hurt an advertiser yet.

How about promoting thankfulness for this country and for the people who have sacrificed their lives for it, and their families?

How about the big, wealthy advertisers providing free Christmas dinners to the military families and police and fire fighters who have lost family members who served?

I could go on and on with suggestions of worthy things to do or to mention in their promotions by advertisers during the Christmas season. Okay, so it’s more than one idea.

I think it would draw people to the things and places these companies advertise -- people would flock to the stores promoting these things—as well as their stock, of course.
I know, people flock to the stores now, but that’s mostly last minute flockers.

So, what do you think of the whole kit and kaboodle? (Including the “join the rest of us” life-lesson for our government?)
 
 
 




Meaningful Christmas contest entry


suggestions are welcome
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.