Biographical Non-Fiction posted December 6, 2021


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I wasn't supposed to talk about it, and there were some ques

I'm Wasn't Supposed to Talk Abou

by Robert Reischl


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

It was odd I thought.
The large square area of carpet in my dorm room in Victor Hall, also known as Victim Hall, and for good reason, didn't match the rest of the carpet in Room #10 in Victor Hall also known as Victim Hall.
Someone was murdered there, I found out, and I wasn't supposed to talk about it. They recommended I not talk about it.
Another time in Victor Hall, also known as Victim Hall, and for good reason. A person was stabbed in the dorm room next to mine, in Victor Hall also known Victim Hall, and for good reason.
I wasn't supposed to talk about it and sully the wholesome name of Grand Canyon National Park where the crime rate was equal or exceeded the highest crime rates in urban areas like in Chicago or Los Angeles or Miami. One night after getting off work as a front desk clerk at the historic El Tovar Hotel, and as there were some questions that just shouldn't be asked, but I asked it anyway.
One of the questions that just shouldn't have been asked was: What is your name?
When I asked that question in Victor Hall, also known as Victim Hall, and for good reason.
Someone got suspicious, then, and I was taken out at knifepoint into the dark after asking a question that just shouldn't be asked: What is your name?
Later when I wasn't supposed to talk about it, they recommended I not talk about it, so I didn't.
Asking a question that just shouldn't be asked was risking in Victor Hall, also known as Victim Hall, and for good reason.
Since people had been stabbed, and someone had been murdered in my dorm room in Victor Hall also known as Victim Hall, and for good reason. One night there was a knock at the door right after New Year's Eve, and upon answering it.
A Coconino County deputy sheriff identified himself and informed me there was a quote: "Crisis situation in the building," and it needed to be evacuated immediately the Coconino County deputy sheriff had informed me.
Knowing I wasn't supposed to talk about it, they recommended I not talk about it, and I didn't.
When an 11-year girl was kidnapped at a mall in Phoenix Arizona and the girl was brought to employee housing in Grand Canyon National Park.
Upon leaving the building I noticed a sharpshooter was sighting-in something on a balcony across the road, but I wasn't supposed to talk about it.
They recommended we not talk about it and sully the wholesome image of Grand Canyon National Park, where the crime rate was equal or exceeded the highest crime rates in urban areas in Chicago or Los Angeles or Miami.
Moving on, when I was taking down a hiker's information, once, in the back country office.
After asking him for his name, address, and the license plate number of the vehicle that he was going to leave at the trailhead, he leaned across and secretively asked "Do you want my real name?" he secretively asked me then. No joke!
What do you say when to someone when they ask, as they are getting a backcountry permit, do you want my real name? No joke!
Later as he was being arrested for an outstanding warrant in another state, and I wasn't supposed to talk about it, they recommended I not talk about it.
When I was lying in bed, one night, in Victor Hall also known as Victim Hall and for good reason.
As the slow deliberate THUMP-THUMP in the employee dorm room next to mine sounded like someone were dragging a dead body off a table, and it was thudding on the floor in the dorm room next to mine.
Once again I wasn't supposed to talk about it, when they discovered the walls in dorm room next to mine, were smeared with blood and there were two drugged-impaired combatants who had been fighting in the middle of the night, in the dorm room next to mine.
As a front desk clerk at the historic El Tovar Hotel I had checked-in Hollywood actresses like Lindsay Wagner and the guy who flew around the world on one tank gas, Burt Rutan.
Besides rattlesnakes and Gila monsters, we also had to lookout for felon who fleeing, and the Grand Canyon seemed like a good place to flee to -to them.
On a bright spot I was in a TV commercial for ELF Petroleum, No joke! And I drank beer and partied with a member of the commando team who in April of 1980 tried to free the hostages at the American Embassy in Tehran Iran.
So in conclusion as I wasn't supposed to talk about it, they recommended we not talk about it sully the wholesome name and image of Grand Canyon National Park.
When I asked questions that just shouldn't be asked, but I asked em anyway.
Asking questions like: What is your name? in Grand Canyon National Park, could have consequences a person doesn't expect, and you're not supposed to talk about it. They recommend you not talk about it.



Share Your Story contest entry


When there are some questions that just shouldn't be asked, and if you ask them, then you're not supposed to talk about it when it all goes wrong.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Robert Reischl All rights reserved.
Robert Reischl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.