Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted December 6, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A thought that came to my mind during the night.

Life Is Like a Bridge

by patcelaw





















Our life is like a bridge that we cross from the day we were conceived, to the day we die. On that bridge our first encounter is with parents. Some of us had very good parents who cared for us in a most protective and comforting way. Some of us had parents who were not that supportive of us, yet we meet others who encouraged us along the way.

With our conception we entered the bridge of life, a covered bridge. When we were born, we were still on a bridge that was covered to protect us. We remain there until we leave the covering to enter the world of schooling. As we go to school, we are between being covered and uncovered. At school, if we had good teachers, we remain covered. We then go home to be covered once again.

As time marches on, we find we are more and more out on the bridge alone, facing all the storms of life. Sometimes, as we face trials and storms, we begin to feel we will be destroyed, and we feel like jumping into the trouble waters, ending it all. Sadly, for some, this will be the choice they make. Thankfully for the rest, they find there are others on the bridge with us, who will come alongside us and encourage us to keep going, no matter how dark things seem to get.

As we travel the bridge of life, we may find, if we will rely on God, He will help us, and things get better, probably because God gives us strength to keep going.

Trial after trial and storm after storm, we are growing in our trust of God, and our spirits are getting stronger.

As we get closer to the end of the bridge of life, we may find we have health and mobility problems, we once again need to have our bridge covered. Hopefully, if we have lived in a way that is honorable, there will be those who will become the covering over our bridge of life.

-Patricia Lawrence
12-6-21



Story of the Month contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.