General Poetry posted November 28, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
New age technology has changed the course of tomorrow

Remembering yesteryear

by Joanne Gill-Maddick


Back in the old days, times were much simpler and kids would play and have fun outside.

Long before new age technology of cell phones and video games suddenly took over their lives.

On hot summer days kids enjoyed swimming in ponds or spending
quality time at the beach.

Playing street hockey or baseball in the fields which they thought was kind of neat.

Kids enjoyed skating on outdoor rinks and also on frozen ponds.

The cold winter chill put colour in their cheeks that left memories oh so fond.

In the beginning before cell phones came to be.

People talked face to face and communicated naturally.

Sadly texting was the start of technology that changed the way we connect with the outside world.

Communicating face to face is a thing of the past and has changed the course of tomorrow.


 



Use These Words writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem of any length or style using these words

Old

New

Hot

Cold

Beginning

Start



Technology obviously has its good points. But also has its pitfalls. Communicating the all natural way face to face sadly is no more in many cases. Kids are in the same room texting each other on the phone. It sure is a different world. My photo is from google.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Joanne Gill-Maddick All rights reserved.
Joanne Gill-Maddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.