Humor Fiction posted November 16, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Dating is the sorbet between what men do for fun...

Should Men Date? Seriously?

by Reese Turner

Men and dating Contest Winner 

When one considers the history surrounding such infamous females as Eve, Delilah, Cleopatra, Lady Macbeth, Madam Mao... One might wonder given these gals once-dated men, but...

How can there be such a question, "should men date"? How are we going to replenish the planet if we don't date? Should all the young men make an appointment at an artificial insemination clinic, then grab a test tube saying, "Hi. Do you come here often?"

Warning: women should not read this treatise whilst consuming alcoholic beverages. Damage to the computer could result.

No doubt about it! Men should date, whether just to fill in evenings between play-off games, or have those moments with women which make him appreciate those afternoons with men. Dating is the sorbet between things single men do for fun.

My perspective, may I say, "expertise" on this subject is based on one marriage of forty-four years, three daughters and a plethora of female friends and co-workers over forty years in business. I know gals, but I still don't know gals, which is the whole point, the bottom line, the final word, the absolute truth... Why write more? I have covered it! Yet, I seek adventure in my life and just writing this will give adventures even beyond a round of golf.

Women are designed to be mothers. A most obvious point, but that is only the beginning. What men over-look is that anything designed to be a mother will be a mother in all ways, to all things, at all times, no exceptions! So, men who date with the goal of finding a mate, must realize and accept that they are actually searching for a replacement for their own mother. Mothers give birth. They nurture. They protect. They guide. They educate. They take note of everything their ward says or does or wears or thinks. They correct every transgression their ward might make today, but keep mental notes of all transgressions of the days and weeks and months and years long past.

Here is the key to understanding: When women scold and guide their young, it is called "mothering". When they use the same natural tendencies and demeanors on husbands, it is called "nagging". It is as natural and unavoidable as taxes.

Men who date-for-mate, must understand that the woman they might marry will not show her "mother" instincts until the celebrated bliss-filled transition phase, the "honeymoon", is over. Then, even before she issues her first child from her womb, she sees a child in her room - her new hubby; so naive, so wrong so often, so in need of her guidance in every way. Poor he, so lost, so confused, so unable to even choose the right socks to go with his suit and shoes. So useless in the kitchen and slothful around the house. Unable to operate much of anything properly except for maybe the TV remote. Poor man. Lucky now to have a woman to help him through life.

Conversational dating: Any "questions" or "observations" he might offer while "dating" become irrational, misinformed, even misogynistic mindless meanderings of a fool after marriage. He needs to understand that. And, speaking of questions, a man must understand that a woman does not ask him any question because she wants information or an honest answer. "How do I look?" is the most obvious example of the female question never to be answered honestly. "What do you think?" Don't go there! She does not give a Starbucks scone what you think, gentlemen. Never has. Never will. In all things, at all times, in every case, a woman asks a question in search of control and/or confirmation. That's it. Done. And, done!

As we all know, there are men who merely date for sex. Not a bad lifestyle. And, they serve a purpose in the circle of sex-life as there are women who merely date for dinner. So, they meet, they greet, they dine with wine and it's "your place or mine?" Providing that contraception and health protection protocol has been followed, they mark the score card and move on. It's too easy! No kids to get you up in the middle of the night, no PTA meetings, no in-laws to endure at Thanksgiving, no braces or college expenses.

Of course, using that logic, golf with shorter and wider fairways, no water hazards, no sand traps, no trees, yet with larger greens with bucket-sized holes would be much easier, faster to play and immeasurably less frustrating. But, then, it wouldn't be golf, would it...

Truth be to me, the dating which leads to the mating is the appetizer to a life's buffet of adventure, laughter and love. Yes, love. It is real. Full disclosure: Keep "love" in perspective. I believe that every married man should have a dog; that way, there is at least one creature who loves him every day no matter what.



Men and dating
Contest Winner


44 years of marriage. Had I just robbed a bank, I could have been out after 5. And, my wife was so much younger when I marred her. How about, I married a yankee - I'd been drinking... Don't be silly. Why would I hide my hearing aides? I'VE GOT A MILLION OF THESE AND I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK... Thanks for stopping by. This was lots of fun, but don't tell my wife. UPDATE 11/20 Hard to believe that this prompt got only two entries! I found the subject so much fun to write about and share some of the humor from my marriage of 44 years. No, it ain't always easy, but I cannot imagine life without dating and then settling down. I would do it all again. Well, I think I would hold out for a red-head who owns a liquor store...
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by simonka at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Reese Turner All rights reserved.
Reese Turner has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.