General Non-Fiction posted November 7, 2021 Chapters:  ...23 24 -25- 26... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Continuation of my adventures.

A chapter in the book My Life

Montana to South Dakota

by aryr



Background
A journey of our adventures.
Well, hello again. Our next travel begins-from the other side (32 miles to be precise) of Billings, Montana we had to backtrack to the Highway split off to Sheridan. (90 East)

While in Montana we did a short trip to Pompeys Pillar which is a national monument to the travels of Lewis and Clark, the museum was closed for the season, we were able to walk around the area. Jim even climbed the stairs to where Clark chiseled his name in the rocks. Once again, we were warned about rattlesnakes but Jim figured it was cool enough for them to be hibernating.

We travel through Montana which consisted of rolling hills, cows-lots of them and distant snow cover mountains. Montana does have the Bad Lands though.

Next, we were crossing the magic line into Wyoming, sometimes if there is no sign I really haven't any idea where we are. Now Wyoming is pretty much the same as Montana just rockier with more hills, still lots of cows and a few horses. They both have a fair number of oil drilling and Jim explained the several sites of natural gas. Although the country was beautiful and even though we didn't stop except for restroom breaks it was basically the same.

Off in the distance we did pass by Devil's Tower, we had made a trip there a few years ago and I do remember writing an article here about that.

Our travels then took us out of Wyoming and into South Dakota-our pretend home state since we are full time RVers on November 6th. We went through Sturgis, Deadwood and Leads which we had visited a couple of years ago. Let me tell you, any of these places during bike week was amazing, we were once long term RVers in Deadwood, there is a pre-week, the week of and a post-week. I have great respect for those bikers. To travel that distance was remarkable. Many years ago, I was a biker, lol.

Our final journey was to an open campground called 'Happy Holidays' just on the outskirts of Rapid City, South Dakota. There were not many which were open, like many in states where snow falls, they close because of water freezing and bursting pipes.

On Sunday morning we treated ourselves to breakfast (November 7th) so we headed off to the Denny's we were familiar with, only to find it closed as in wood on the windows. So, we ventured to a Perkin's. Yes, they do have wonderful desserts on display while we waited to be seated. We were the third couple and our wait was about ten minutes. Yes, I am diabetic but I do treat myself at least once every six months, shhhh, my A1C was done last month so this is a cheat month.

Jim will have to travel back to Bismarck, North Dakota to turn in all of the equipment he collects after we are done here in Rapid City, South Dakota and for meeting of some sort. That will be Wednesday and he will take the semi on his journey, stay overnight then after the meeting will travel back. Me- I will stay in Rapid City with Tabitha. I do believe that on Friday, November 12th we will be off to Medford, Oregon. I have no clue as to our journey there but will let you know shortly after we arrive.

Our travels will continue...Jim, Alie & Tabitha


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.