Spiritual Non-Fiction posted October 29, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a humble plea

A Prayer for America

by pome lover



 
Heavenly Father,

You have blessed this most wonderful country with beauty and bounty and a people who, through hard work and sacrifice, made America a prosperous land where every citizen has an equal opportunity to succeed.

Today, however, we are on the fast track to ruin, and without Your help, we may never recover. We humbly ask that You show us the way to save our beloved land.

The Christian faith, upon which America was founded, has suffered for many reasons, not the least of which is the determined influence of powerful people whose goal is to divide and conquer this land, along with their helpers, many of the so-called “educators” of our young, and turn us into a Socialist country. They want total government control which they will run. Christianity has no place in it – no respect for or consideration of others; no belief in You.

I have wondered, of late, if You could be testing us, and, finding us wanting, will let us defeat ourselves. I know that You are a merciful and loving God, but also there have been times when Your wrath was in evidence.

My sister, whose faith, I admit, is stronger than mine, believes that Your love for us will prevent our demise and will lift us up and we will be a better people and will bring America back. Most Americans are good, caring people who feel betrayed by our own countrymen.

I hope and pray, sincerely and humbly, that You find us worthy, and will help us and show us the way. And I selfishly hope I live to see it.

I ask, in Jesus’ name,

Amen
.




Dear God, writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a letter to God expressing your most pressing concerns and/or questions believing with all your heart and soul, that He will receive, read and answer you. Your letter does not necessarily have to be be a request. Just a sincere heart to heart will do.

Prose only.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.