General Fiction posted October 29, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Letter to God

Hi God

by zanya


Oops! That is probably not the correct way to address God. I checked, googled to be precise if there are any letters written to God in the Bible. I couldn't find any.

I wonder if you care that we, your creatures, address you casually like that. You see down here on this blue planet we have become far too casual about many things, one of them being the way we address each other. And our tech has contributed to that. Yes, God, we fire off emails to one another, in the course of our day without stopping to think.

Do you mind though? I'd love to know.

Anyway, that is just a trivial matter in the grand scheme of things.

God, how do you really think we are doing here on planet earth right now? We have to admit we have made a mess of some things, like the climate. Our lovely, precious planet is being burned, flooded or torn asunder by our wars most of the time. Why do we keep on doing it?

It's getting really serious now, though. We don't know how to fix it. Maybe we know only too well but we don't want to do it. It would mean getting rid of our fancy cars and growing carrots again in our kitchen gardens. We' d prefer to be surfing the net, truth to tell.

But God, what I really want to ask you about is the pandemic.
Despite all our mental smarts, Covid has us flummoxed, truth to tell.
We are irritated and angry that it won't just go away and leave us alone. We wonder, like the biblical people of aeons ago, if it is a punishment for our sins sent by you? Mostly we just poo-poo that idea and quickly resume our online search for scientific answers. We prefer that to trying to connect with you or admitting that we might believe in you or need your help.

Are you really there God? How can we tell for sure? I know these are questions that you get asked repeatedly. But they are the fundamental questions about you. No one who has ever walked the earth can answer those questions for sure.

I'm trying not to forget about Faith. Yes, isn't that the key to all this really? Belief is what we need.
Anyway, God, it was nice having a little chat with you. Maybe you'll reply when I take time out to be mindful or practise a few yoga poses. Some people would be aghast that I mix n' match here with God and yoga. But it's all ultimately just different methods to reach you where you are in the stillness.

Finally, God, I forgot to give you thanks for giving us the chance to taste this earthly life in all its glory.

Chat again soon!





 



Dear God, writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a letter to God expressing your most pressing concerns and/or questions believing with all your heart and soul, that He will receive, read and answer you. Your letter does not necessarily have to be be a request. Just a sincere heart to heart will do.

Prose only.


Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zanya All rights reserved.
zanya has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.