General Fiction posted October 24, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Ekphrastic Prose Club

Trapped by a Wish

by damommy


My means of escape, this boat, has broken from its mooring, and now I’m trapped on an island of my own making. 
 
For years, I longed for an island where I could live in peace and quiet, escaping the hustle and bustle of the world, the crime, and all the things I’d come to hate.  One day, I awoke to find myself here on this fantasy island.  I don’t know how it happened.
 
It was wonderful at first, but after the death of my companion Great Dane named Spock, I became more aware of the complete silence.  No birds seem to find their way here, and the wind never stirs.  The season never changes, and an eternal Springs gets old after a while.  I miss Fall and Winter.
 
Finding myself completely alone now, I wish to go home.  Where the boat came from, I don’t know, but when I went down there, I saw it had broken loose.  My heart sank.  Fate or something played a mean trick on me.
 
Now, I’m here for good, I guess.  No way to leave.  I wish I knew how to break this spell or whatever it is, the mystery of how I came to be here. 
 
Many times, I’ve thought of the old adage, “Be careful what you wish for.”
 
Help.

 



Recognized

Club entry for the "The Boat" event in "Ekphrastic Prose Club--Writing About Art".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.