General Poetry posted October 17, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
We all need to ...

Look and see, listen and hear!

by Wendy G

Political Senryu Contest Winner 

nature weeps in grief ...
politicians blind and deaf -
is there no relief?


 


Writing Prompt
Write a Political Senryu 5-7-5

Political Senryu
Contest Winner


Environmental disasters are multiplying due to the lack of foresight and forward thinking by mankind. All aspects of nature, flora and fauna, and oceans, rivers and lakes - all are suffering.
Big business favours the economy above nature's well-being, and the price will be paid.
Politicians aim to please big business, but need to consider the overall well-being of the planet and be brave enough to stand up with integrity and wisdom regardless of the cost to their political future. Look and see what is happening, listen to those who are experts in their fields, hear what they are saying - and respond.

The tears are wept by nature itself, and also by those of us who do care for the environment. We weep at the unwillingness of many politicians to believe in the scientific evidence of damage to our planet.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Wendy G All rights reserved.
Wendy G has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.