General Non-Fiction posted October 17, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My little sister was the escape artist.

The Escape Artist

by AnnieDawn


My little sister was an escape artist when she was a toddler. She could disappear in a twinkling. One time when the whole family was outside together, one of us realized that she was missing. We called, and searched, coming up empty. Panicking, Dad sent us out in all directions to look again. We had looked everywhere except up, so I did. There she was, sitting on a tree branch looking down at me with her Cheshire cat grin. Dad got the ladder and fetched her down. Apparently, she could climb up a tree but couldn't climb down.



True Story Flash contest entry

Recognized


My little sister had that mischievous personality her whole life. It was just a part of her.
(My word processor shows this to have exactly 102 words. I counted 96 twice and added two words to bring the count to 98 which makes it acceptable for the contest.)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. AnnieDawn All rights reserved.
AnnieDawn has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.