General Fiction posted October 15, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A surprising clapback.

You Should Have Seen That Coming

by nomi338


Billy and Arthur worked side by side at the local car wash. Billy had an annoying habit of responding to just about anything Arthur would say with "You should have seen that coming."
Arthur's complaint about his brother borrowing money and not paying it back, was met with Billy saying, "You should have seen that coming."
Arthur complained about missing his bus and being 20 minutes late for work, Billy said, "You should have seen that coming."
Things got to a point that Arthur wanted to strangle his buddy, just to make him stop using that phrase.
Day after day, conversation after conservation. Billy would always respond to Arthur's complaints with, "You should have seen that coming."
One day Billy came in to work with a sad expression on his face. Arthur asked what was wrong, but Billy was hesitant to say.
Finally, Billy admitted to his friend that he found out his girlfriend was sleeping with his brother.
Not missing a beat Arthur said with a straight face, "You should have seen that coming."



Recognized

#19
October
2021


Some people are known for certain statements they make all of the time. They often have no idea how annoying that might become. In this fictional story the person who had grown sick and tired of this was given the perfect opportunity to get even with the offender.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. nomi338 All rights reserved.
nomi338 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.