General Fiction posted October 12, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Two Families Got To Know Each Other

What A Great Halloween

by pookietoo


The Henderson family lived in Syracuse, Utah.  They had three boys and three girls.  Their names were: Doug: 14, Tony: 11, Samuel: 10, Nancy: 8, Jody: 7, and Sarah: 5.  They were looking forward to Halloween which was two days away.  They had just met their neighbors who had girls and boys around their ages. They were the Coats family.  Mrs. Coats asked their sons to invite the Henderson children to spend the day with them which they did.  

First they shopped for costumes together.  Doug decided to be Dracula, Tony: a power ranger, Samuel: a dragon.  Nancy wanted to be a witch.  Jody: Wonder Woman, and Sarah: Tinker Bell.  The Hendersons decided to be a police officer, spiderman, a ghostbuster, an angel, a princess, and Cleopatra. 

On Halloween they went on a hayride through the pumpkin patch.  They bought both small and large pumpkins.  They wanted to see who could make the scariest jack-o-lantern.  They went to a haunted house. There were scary creatures there.  They screamed with delight.  It was a lot of fun.  They went to a corn maze.  They got lost there like everyone does, but they had a lot of fun there.
 

The two families had their own party.  The jack-o-lanterns were lit up.  They had a fun-filled night playing Halloween charades, Halloween darts with balls they used for dart, Halloween bingo, Halloween scattergories, and glow in the dark pumpkin ring toss. They also had a Halloween scavenger hunt.  For dinner they enjoyed eating spooky spider Halloween hot dogs, and a monster cheese ball.  They ate Halloween cutout cookies and zombie eye pretzels.  They really enjoyed getting to know each other. 
 



OCT WK 3 - 300 words or less contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by eileen0204 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.