General Script posted October 10, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a script

C Short Walk

by Bill Schott

Characters

Walker
Pons
Fox
Talker

Ext.
The scene opens on a wide walkway. Walker is moving from left to right and passes a few others coming from the right.

Walker: (
Seeing Pons Maninoff walking towards him)  Hi, Pons!

Pons: Hi. Nice day for a walk.  I'm sorry, but I've forgotten your name.

Walker: Willard Walkokoviackinson; my friends call me Walker.

Pons: It's nice to meet you, Willard. 

Walker: You can just call me Walker, Pons.

Pons: Hey, Walker. How is it that you know me, but I don't know you?

Walker: My friend, Felix Fine, told me about you and your cousin Ned. 

Pons: He must have described me pretty well to have you recognize me while simply passing on a walkway. 

Walker: It would seem so.

Pons: Boy!  Our dialogue is a snooze. 

Fox: (
approaching from behind) That's for sure, Ponzy. 

Walker: Hi, -- uh -- Fox -- is it?

Fox: Yes. I was just about to say that the conversation between you two is worse than a PBS segment on cat manners.

Pons: Well, first, my name is Pons, not Ponzy.  About that other issue, I guess I rely on my cousin Ned to be the Jerry Lewis to my Dean Martin.

Fox:  You guys are more like Festus and Dickie Smothers.

Pons: That seems a bit harsh.

Walker: You two both seem fine to me.

Fox: I can see that coming from you, Willard.

Walker: Walker.

Fox: Okay, I guess I've offended enough people today. See you. 

Pons:  I'm off to work on putting some pizzazz in my dialogue. 


Pons and Fox move on.

Talker: (approaching next) What's up, Walker? Before you answer, may I say that you certainly are looking handsome today. The sunshine, fresh air, aerobic workout, positive results of eye care, mental clarity via several enhancing herbs, and something on your part have all led to this meeting and affirmative greeting. 

Walker: Hi, Talker.

Talker: I see you have been using that facial cleanser I sent to you. That, keeping your nose hairs trimmed, jaw exercises, a decent haircut, and, eventually, a little nip and tuck on that second chin will bring you around to being passable to, well, the untrained eye.

Walker: Seems like a lot.

Talker: A bowl of gruel seems like a lot to the starving, Walker, but is just as desperately needed. Speaking of starving, I am late, late for a very important dinner date. No time to say hello, good-bye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late. 

Walker: That sounds like something from 'Through the Looking Glass'.

Talker: (
waving) Go ask Alice; I think she'll know.  

The two go on their way.


The End


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.