General Non-Fiction posted October 4, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A very short piece about remembering.

Understanding My Pets

by aryr


In some ways, all of my cats have always seemed to understand me. The list goes on to show they each had they way to communicate what they were able to understand.

For example, Storm, after her third attempt to get in the hot tub was when I learned I needed to provide her with a means to get out of the tub. I accomplished this by using an old mesh grocery bag.

Samantha was indeed a very wise cat. She of course, was black, totally black and she was a perfect witch's cat. She wandered around as I cast my circle staying inside the boundaries. Then she would lay by my side, sort of rolled into me, as I did my chant or prayer. This was whether I had students with me or when I was solo.

The most important member of my family, was Sallie, the dog. Actually, the only dog that I owned, perhaps Jim and I will get a dog and a cat when Tabitha is gone. Anyway, back to Sallie, she was important because she would alert me if my blood sugar dropped below the magic number of 90. She would get right up in my face with her front paws on my knees when she detected the sweet smell on my breath. If I ignored her, she would grasp my wrist in her mouth and tug to get me to stand up. It seemed once I got my glucometer out, she was fine, knowing I would check my sugar. Heavens I really miss her.

As I have said, they were all able to communicate with me on a different level. They understood me and I understood them. Perhaps it was just knowing their signals, one will never know.



Recognized


Thank you for the artwork of glowing green eyes by supergold.
A special thank you to damommy (Yvonne) for watching over Animal Crackers and coming up with great ideas.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by supergold at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.