General Poetry posted October 1, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A modified Ottava rima

Ticking clock

by royowen

Ticking clock ...

Betwixt all the ticks and the tocks of a clock,
lies eternity's land on the crest of a rock.
It cannot go forward, it cannot go back,
but enters our present through time's fatal crack.
There are many gaps in grains on the beach,
as the angels step through, God's ways they will teach.
For their nature's kind they help us to see,
they move to the rhythm of God's love decree.

Time is a sentence that starts with an end
relentless its mission that can never bend.
Different dimensions in matter we see,
yet souls have a purpose to search and break free.
Eternity's written on the souls of men
between every heart beat inscribed by fate's pen.
It's writ by the Spirit, written on rock,
as man's meant to live 'twixt the tick and the tock.

R.Owen 1/10/2021



Recognized

#35
October
2021


Ottava Rima

An ottava rima is a poem written in 8 line octives with 10 or 11 syllable count with a rhyme scheme of abababcc.

This work was inspired by JuliaSjames from her fabulous short poem (Patient waiting) Read her wonderful work, you will be blessed.

This did not t work as I intended, but sometimes the pen has a mind of its own, I like to think my soul does not concoct my work, (sometimes it does, in its most flippant works) although the gift was given to me, I would rather not write within the confines of my own limited resources, but with the mind of God. I make no personal claims of wisdom, in fact, anything but, however, God is unlimited by any dimensional restriction, whereas I am. Gods most beautiful gift and desire of His heart, is to partner with sons and daughters as purveyors of His grace.

Thanks for reading. R.Owen.
Artwork by google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. royowen All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
royowen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.