General Flash Fiction posted September 18, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
What Being An American Means To Me

The Andersons Vote - Hope, Peace

by pookietoo


"I voted for President Donald Trump", said 18-year-old Ryan Anderson, but he did not win the election." The Anderson family lived in Berkeley, California. Others in the family were Jay: 16, Lisa: 13, and Melissa: 10. The family felt that President Trump would have been a better president than President Biden is. They felt that America, as a nation, needs to be united as America struggles to find peace. Ryan was a strong advocate of peace. He knew that if he followed Jesus, he would have peace in his heart.

The Andersons were grateful that they were Americans because they could come and go as they pleased. They were glad that they could worship where they may. As citizens of the United States, the Andersons knew that they were free to live with the choices they make. They knew that freedom is a gift. Each of the family was pro-life.

The Andersons had an American flag which they proudly displayed outside their house. Jay played basketball on his high school team. The Anderson family attended his games. Each of the family proudly put their right hand over their hearts when they sang the National Anthem.

The Andersons voted to hope for Americans to be united rather than divided because of anger, dissension, and fear. Many people lean not unto their own understanding rather than seeking God.



I voted writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction story beginning with the words "I voted - " You can continue the sentence as you wish. Beyond the opening lines there are no rules. Maximum word count is 500 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.