General Poetry posted September 16, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The three wishes

Wish Bear

by Joanne Gill-Maddick



Poor little old me I feel so sad.
I'm all alone and blue.

I feel like I don't have a friend in the world .

Oh whatever can I do?

I look at my teddy bear slumped over the chair.

I imagine what it would be like if I had a talking Teddy Bear.  

I looked straight into his eyes.

I said oh God I just wish for once you could be alive.

Like Magic my Teddy Bear  jumped into the air and came down and landed in my arms.

He said hi I am your new furry-friend
Wish Bear and I'm your lucky charm.

His eyes twinkled oh so bright and his pink nose wiggled with delight.

I was grinning from ear to ear at my teddy bear friend sitting there.

Wish Bear said Jo-Jo do you have another wish something that you would like.

I can grant you two more wishes but the magic ends at 12 midnight.

Jo Jo said I wish I was a soft and furry teddy bear  and very cute like you.

So little children will snuggle me no matter what I do.

Wish Bear waved his hand over Jo-Jo and poof she was a big pink Teddy bear.

She couldn't believe what was happening. Wish bear and her were now a pair.

Wish Bear said you have one more wish what do you want it to be.

Jo jo said make all the puffy clouds in the sky teddy bears just like you and me.

We would all float around happy and smiling giving free hugs to all we see.

At midnight the magic ended and poof I turned back into a little girl.

Poof goes all the teddy bear clouds it was awesome being part of that world.











































 



Children's Poetry Contest contest entry


As a little child I always loved Teddy Bears. I still love them. Hugging a teddy bear makes one feel good. I always see different shapes in the clouds �°???my photo is from google.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Joanne Gill-Maddick All rights reserved.
Joanne Gill-Maddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.