General Fiction posted September 10, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Flash Fiction

Doggone !

by zanya


Daisy arrived in a wicker basket from the dog shelter. To the Rileys it seemed like a good idea during Covid 19.

Daisy relished walks in the park.

Laptops clicked. Cooking aromas swirled around the kitchen.

She wondered how her kennel buddy Barney fared.

One afternoon Daisy spotted Barney across the street at No 13.

Daisy felt sorry for Barney with just old Mr Greene for company.

Just then, fifteen-year-old Charlie, tears rolling down his cheeks, gathered Daisy in his arms and put her in the wicker basket.

'Sorry Daisy,' he sobbed,' work next week, back to the shelter.'

Daisy leapt from the wicker basket. Across the street, Barney barked furiously.

With one leap Daisy landed in Mr Greene's yard.

The two canines nuzzled while Mr Greene looked on, 'Doggone, didn't know you had an eye for the ladies, Barney,' he murmured.

'Perhaps dog-loving Madge will notice me now.'



 



Flash Fiction contest entry


Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zanya All rights reserved.
zanya has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.