General Fiction posted September 9, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
There are so many beautiful things

Jessica's Year of Seeing Nature

by pookietoo


I believe that God created this beautiful Earth and everything on it. There are beautiful clouds, rainbows, flowers, mountains, sunsets, trees, birds, ponds, creeks, reservoirs, streams, lakes, rivers, seas, and oceans. There are beautiful birds and butterflies.

In the city of Evergreen, Colorado lived the Jensen family who had four children. Their names and ages were Tina: 12, Jessica: 8, David: 6, and Steven: 4. Jessica wanted to have fun noticing all the beautiful things that occurred. In January and February every time it snowed enough, Jessica and her siblings would each make a snowman. They saw who could make the biggest one and also had snowball fights. She noticed the huge icicles on the windowsills. Jessica, with her sister and brothers, enjoyed riding a sled down hills, and their shouts of glee could be heard at least half a mile away. When Jessica looked at the snow-capped mountains and trees, she thought they were beautiful. Her family also loved to go ice skating often at the nearby pond.

In March, April, and May whenever it rained, Jessica loved running through the rain and feeling the rain on her face. Sometimes she noticed a pretty rainbow in the sky. Blue and yellow were her favorite colors. She loved jumping over mud puddles, hearing birds sing and seeing them in the trees and on rooftops. One day on one of Jessica's walks, she saw a baby bird that had a broken wing. She took it home and took care of it. She bought books that told all about the different kinds of birds. Jessica was fascinated because there are so many. One of her favorite pastimes was to watch the birds fly, especially her favorites, the robins and bluebirds.

Next to the Jensen family lived a dear neighbor, Mrs. Thomas, who had a big flower garden. Jessica's favorites were tulips, roses, and petunias, and she enjoyed watching Mrs. Thomas's flowers grow. Jessica decided that after she got married, she would also have a big flower garden. Jessica also enjoyed going to the park where she would sometimes see beautiful blue and orange butterflies.

Whenever Jessica saw clouds in the sky, she would lie on her back in her yard and see the many shapes of the clouds. When she saw a heart or an animal, she would say: "There is a heart." "There is a kitty." "There is a dog." She could look at these clouds all day. She loved how some of the clouds seemed to float. Some of the clouds were high, some were low in the sky. Some were big, some were small. Some were round. Jessica enjoyed seeing the sun peek through the rain clouds. She thought the gray clouds looked interesting, but she loved the white clouds more. Jessica thought it was neat seeing so many stars in the sky on a clear night. She wondered how many stars there were.

Walking by the river in the spring and summer months, Jessica loved to watch the ducks float and swim She thought the mountains looked so pretty in the spring. In the summer months, she felt peaceful when she heard the crickets chirp in the stillness of the night. Jessica found some good days in the spring to go on nature walks. Her family found a great walking trail. On their nature walks, they would see caterpillars, praying mantises, and spiders. They would find different types of rocks. They would come across wildflowers. They saw lizards, frogs, and ladybugs. Jessica had a great time on these nature walks. She was fascinated by all the things they saw on their walks.

Mrs. Thomas also had some apple trees. As soon as her apples ripened in late summer, she told Jessica to come by and pick the apples from her trees. The Jensen family loved to eat homemade applesauce, which Mrs. Thomas gave them to eat. In the autumn months, Jessica loved going for a walk on a parkway where there were beautiful trees with yellow leaves on them.

Whenever there was a beautiful pink, yellow, and orange sunset in the sky, she was in absolute awe of each sunset. In November and December whenever it snowed enough, Jessica enjoyed the same activities she enjoyed by herself and with her family in January and February. Sometimes she even enjoyed sliding with her feet on the ice at the pond.

A couple of times a year the Jensen family enjoyed going to the Denver Zoo and seeing all of the animals there. Jessica's favorite part of the zoo was seeing the baby penguins and baby giraffes. She also enjoyed watching the polar bears swim. Jessica was fascinated with the river hippopotamus, and she loved her family's trips to the zoo.

I believe that after the year passed, Jessica came to really appreciate all of the beauties of nature so very much.



I Believe writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story or essay that begins with the sentence: I believe _______ (finish the sentence). Maximum word count: 1,000.

Recognized

#42
September
2021
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.