Family Non-Fiction posted September 8, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Mother's Request

In Need of Prayers and Support

by Begin Again


Why do bad things happen to good people?
 
Most people who know much about me know I wear my heart on my sleeve, and my life is an open book for all to read. My love for my family and friends is the sustenance that gives me life. Most of all, my faith in our Lord is my strength; he walks by my side every minute because, without his love and guidance, I stumble and fall.
 
My youngest son, Matthew, is an exceptional young man, not because he’s my son (but that doesn’t hurt) but because of his beliefs. As our world changes, he still believes in honoring the memories of his grandparents, his parents, and above all, his faith in God. He believes in respect for all, kindness and generosity, honesty and integrity, and living life to the best of his ability.
 
Besides working a full-time job, he has given his all to following and fulfilling his dream of making movies. His latest endeavor is a faith-based movie; God is Missing. It is composed of five short films addressing life’s struggles and the need to believe. During the minister’s sermon, he preaches about these problems, and (like sharing stories around a campfire) the short films are edited into the main movie. (Forgive me, for I am not a filmmaker, so I might not have explained it adequately.)
 
From day one, he has struggled to bring the movie to completion. His investors made promises and then fell through. He hired his film crew and then lost his cameraman. He held auditions for his actors and scoured Illinois for the proper settings for each part of the film. And when things didn’t go right for whatever reason, he stayed up many nights writing, rewriting, and adjusting the script to work with the current situation. He bought, rented, or borrowed every prop, setting and location not once but twice when things had to be readjusted to fit someone’s schedule. He believed in his dream.
 
Yesterday, after losing the cameraman, he rented the special camera he needed ($400) because he couldn’t purchase the $1300 one at this time. He also gave the caterer (Moi) the go-ahead on ordering food products for the two-week schedule. Everything was set, and filming was to begin on Thursday.
 
Last night, at 8 PM, he received a call from his co-partner, friend, and star actress that she missed her plane and was going to California instead because her cousin was ill. The movie was off.
 
Forget everyone’s time involved in the preparation, of learning 19 personal pages of dialogue, of rearranging their schedules and setting time aside for Matthew’s movie, and the money lost; my son’s dream disintegrated with a phone call.
 
About ten days ago, Matthew and I had a conversation regarding this person. He was nervous because she wasn’t herself. She’d done other movies with Matt, and the last one had won her some critical roles in upcoming films. She hadn’t finished wardrobe, or finalized her scenes, or even discussed much of anything with him; instead, she went on a vacation.
 
He wants to give her the benefit of the doubt and trust that her cousin is dying, but his gut and mine say she’s not telling the truth. We both prayed for the girl if it was true, but she didn’t seem that upset on the phone.
 
As my son spent the rest of last night notifying all involved that the movie was on hold due to a family emergency, his heart was in pieces for many reasons. His responsibility was to let all these people down while his actress asked her name not to be used in the notification. Really?!?!? In other words, you take the blame, Matt!
 
I’ve not spoken to him this morning, but this mother’s heart is aching for her son. Last night, he wondered if it just wasn’t meant to be and he should forget about all of it.
 
I reminded him that dreams don’t come easy, and fruition can be a long struggle, but reaching his goals will be a blessing. I can’t imagine our Lord not wanting him to make a Christian film, so maybe he has a bigger or better plan for him. I can only hope and pray.
 
In the meantime, I have come to ask for prayers to help Matthew come to terms with the situation, find the strength to move forward, and heal his heart, because I fear it has broken as well.
 
I thank you for taking the time to listen to me ramble on and also for your kindness and prayers.

 



Recognized


FanStory friends are my family and I feel I can come to them with my thoughts. I hope no one is offended by my request or for my sharing this difficult time. Thank you!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.