General Script posted September 7, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a one-scene script with Pons and Ned

Scene at a Supermarket Prkg Lot

by Bill Schott


The scene opens in a supermarket parking lot where Ned is scooting and riding along on a shopping basket. Pons waves him down out away from the building among a few dented cars.

Pons: Hey, Ned! Looks like you're having fun.

Ned: Heck yeh, Pons! This here's the funnest job I ever bin apployed at.

 Pons: Job? They hired you to collect shopping carts?

Ned: Sure 'nuff. It's fun, but there are a whole lot 'em.

Pons: I imagine there are at this big store.

 Ned: Not ta mention the rest.

Pons: Ah, the rest?

Ned: Yeah. They's all over town. This one here's from the Yankee Doodler way down on "Twelf" Street. 

Pons: What?

 Ned: Oh yeah! I got some from the Pak-a-Sakilac, Wooly Foods, an' the Wormart.

Pons: I'm pretty sure that's not what they want you to do, Ned.

Ned: Well, one feller from Pak-a-Sakilac sure dint think so. He was fightin' me on takin' this cart here. I didn't s'pect the gross-ree cart bus'ness was so competertivical.

Pons: I think you're just suppose to collect carts from THIS store, Ned. 

 Ned: Heck, I ain't even got to them yet. 

Pons: Okay, Ned. Look, I will go around and gather up the carts from other stores. You collect this store's carts only. When you get off work, we'll push these other stores' baskets back to where they came from. 

Ned: That's sure swell a ya, Pons. 

Pons: I know you would do the same for me, Ned.

 Ned: Well, sure. A course, first, I'd haff ta tell ya how awful dumb you was ta haul them carts here from all oafer town. 

Pons: (
grinning) I would probably have to agree with you then, Ned. 


 



Recognized


Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.