General Non-Fiction posted September 4, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I'm Blessed You See....

On This Wonderful Day

by Begin Again








Good morning, FanStory Family!
 
It’s a beautiful day, and the sun is shining.  I awoke this morning with a smile on my face and love in my heart, and I felt I wanted to share it with every one of you.
 




Close your eyes. No peeking! I am standing before you in my birthday suit. It’s a little wrinkled, but that’s okay. Hey! I said no peeking. Okay, you can open your eyes, because it isn’t anything special: just a shirt and a pair of jeans, but it’s new. A gift I bought for myself.
 
Oh! I see where your mind went. Shame on you! You are far better off without seeing what you expected.  Sorry! The suit I was born in was pink and full of wrinkles, but it certainly wouldn’t fit me anymore.
 
I’m another year older. I am grateful for the gift of life and the lovely people I can share my life with. I have lost many family members, but I imagine them smiling and blowing me kisses from above. I know they would not want me to be sad on this day.
 
On my day, I hope I can share a smile, send a hug, and add a note of positivity to your day as well as mine. The best gift I could receive is love from special people like you.
 
I want to thank the Lord for all my experiences in the past year, for blessing me with the ability to write and share what I create with my friends, lifting me up when I have fallen, and understanding when I lose sight of all my blessings. I pray for help in the days that lie ahead so I may make this an even better year.
 
On this day, I want to open my heart, letting my love spill over onto everyone I touch, and in return, I pray their love will flow back to me. When I blow out my birthday candle (yes, it’s one – I am not filled with a lot of hot air – or at least I tell myself that.) Anyhow, when I blow out my candle, I’ll wish for all of us to find peace, joy, happiness, love, and the ability to remember to share it with everyone.
 
I leave a basket of my shiniest smiles, my tightest hugs, a sky full of twinkling stars to brighten your nights, and rainbows to bless your day.
 
Now the candle is lit so let’s all sing:
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY…… HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME….
 
Maybe that was a bit too much! Blame it on senility -- It happens when you get to be my age.  Smiles, and let’s Begin Again.

 



Recognized

#39
September
2021
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.