Horror and Thriller Fiction posted August 30, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Detective Rogers discovers this is no normal crime scene.

Eyes of Rage

by Gina Schneller


She could feel the stagnant air on her skin, she could smell the death and decay that lingered after the victim had been murdered. Dismembered and stripped of all dignity, the corpse lay naked and still. So many questions that needed to be answered but Detective Rogers had a sense of horror like never before. Death was nothing new to her. She dealt with crime scenes similar to this one on a weekly basis but there was something different here.

Shaking, she jotted down notes and waited as the medical examiner completed his routine. The Detective found herself alone with the victim's body, with perhaps more then just skin, bones and muscle. A gentle, brisk breeze rustled through her hair, her breath could be seen on this August day.

As she turned to exit the room, she spotted a dark shadow in the far corner, perhaps nothing more then her mind playing tricks on her? She walked closer, fear creating a pit in her stomach, her heart racing. Reaching out to touch the 3D object, not knowing why, it shriveled up into nothing more then a golf ball sized spot of darkness.

The detective withdrew her hand immediately. Complete shock came over her and she was frozen. Her feet glued to the ground, she could hear her breathing, she could hear her heart pounding. She looked into the mirror on the far side of the room and the ghost of her victim was staring back at her with complete rage.



AUG Horror 250 Words or Less Story contest entry


Thank you for reading!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gina Schneller All rights reserved.
Gina Schneller has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.