Spiritual Poetry posted August 22, 2021 Chapters: -1- 2... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
When God's grace is the only way out,

A chapter in the book Journey of Faith

Look Up!

by Mary Kay Bonfante

Buried deep in an ocean of trouble,
Hundred fathoms down, or maybe double.
Frightened out of my wits, don't know what's next;
or what of my burdened soul to expect.

I know God sees me down here, with my man;
I know my Lord will do all that He can.
I thought we sank where there was no more air,
but as we sink deeper, we're sending up prayers.

No matter how deep in this hole we fall,
He hears our cries, when Our Savior we call.
Hanging on by our faith to life, we are
in His arms of love, though it seems we're down far.

Lord Jesus, you've got us; we're holding tight,
all through this long day and the darkest night.



Faith Poetry Contest contest entry

Recognized

#36
August
2021


In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
1 John 5:3-4 NIV

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1 NIV

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
John 16:33 NIV

Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
Hebrews 2:18 NIV

Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest.
Hebrews 3:1 NIV

For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.
Hebrews 7:28 NIV

Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4:16 NIV

Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
Hebrews 9:27-28 NIV

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
1 John 4:4 NIV

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
Hebrews 10:23 NIV

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"
Hebrews 13:5-6 NIV
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mary Kay Bonfante All rights reserved.
Mary Kay Bonfante has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.