Essay Fiction posted August 7, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
How They Became Friends

Linda And Tom

by pookietoo


Linda Greene was a seven year old girl. She was an only child. Her family lived in Michigan. She was a shy girl and had trouble making friends. Each day her mother had to make her get out of bed and go to school. Linda learned to write very well. Her teacher instructed each of her students to have a pen pal to write to.

Her parents took a trip to London where they met the Anderson family. Mr. and Mrs. Anderson had a son named Tom. He was also a shy boy and had trouble making friends. Linda's parents asked Linda if she would like to write to Tom. She agreed and thought that would get her out of her shell. She enjoyed having Tom as her pen pal At first she didn't know what to write. She just said, "Hi, my name is Linda. I want to be your friend." As time went on, her letters to Tom became longer and longer. She started to enjoy school and made a few friends, but Tom was her best friend. She wanted to meet him one day.

Linda and Tom wrote to each other once a week for five years. They called each other once in a while in those five years. Then they decided it was time to meet. Tom's family traveled to Michigan. Linda and Tom enjoyed meeting each other. Tom's family decided to move close to where Linda lived so they didn't have to be pen pals anymore. They continued to get to know each other better for four more years. Then they started dating occasionally. They decided that they were the one for each other, and they got married when the time was right.



Writing writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story or essay with the topic of "writing". Can be instructional or a character in the story can be a writer. Creative approaches welcomed.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.