General Non-Fiction posted July 27, 2021 Chapters:  ...8 9 -10- 11... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The way I remember my friend Bob.

A chapter in the book Memories of Mastery

An eloquent voice is stilled.

by nomi338

I first became aware of Bob as I read of his traumatic life as a foster child. I grew to think of Bob as though he were a member of my family. Things that angered or hurt him, angered and hurt me as well. I have gotten pretty old since I started reading Bob's work, but I remember a short story I am fairly certain that Bob wrote. It was about a group of foster kids who went to live at some type of dormitory. There was one boy who was picked on without letup or mercy. I really began to feel pity for the boy. At the end of the story the boy says with pride, just wait until they see me in my brand-new Nazi uniform. I was blown away. The takeaway for me was, many people we consider to be monsters, start life out as normal people who are shaped and formed by life's experiences. Bob was a true genius at writing stories that made you sit up and take notice.



Recognized


I will certainly never forget this wonderful writer/friend/mentor. The shocking news of his untimely death shocked me to my very core. In fact I have not yet gotten over the shock I felt at hearing this unwelcome news.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. nomi338 All rights reserved.
nomi338 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.