General Fiction posted July 13, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a 100-word story

Sold Out

by Bill Schott

100 Word Dash Contest Winner 

A bent and wizened man opened the front gate and stepped into the unkempt yard. He noted the untrimmed bushes and peeling paint as he approached the front porch.

A woman sat in her rocking chair as the man struggled to climb the creaky steps.

"Mornin', Ma'am. Name's Amos Nandy. I sell trinkets 'n notions."

"You'll sell none of your wares here. Why, you've no trunk to peddle from anyway." 

"I have sold it recently, along with all its contents. No more roamin' for me. My simple wish is to join you on your porch, Mrs. Nandy."

"Welcome home, Amos."

 


Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

100 Word Dash
Contest Winner

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.