General Poetry posted July 9, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
So sad to lose a loved one

I miss you

by Joanne Gill-Maddick


My beautiful niece we love you so much and miss you every day.
Things have not been the same since you went away.

You had such a beautiful smile that would lighten up the darkest room.
A very loving presence that was taken way too soon.

My heart still aches with thoughts of you as the seasons come and go.
We miss you oh so much you were a kind and loving soul.

God needed another beautiful flower to complete a favorite bouquet.
You are now with loved ones in heaven , we will all meet again some day.

Sometimes I have to wonder if the hurt will ever heal.
I think about you daily it still seems so surreal.

We have to believe our masters plan is always for the best.
You are flying with the angels now in a place of eternal rest.

We will love and miss you forever, there's  a broken link in the family chain.
Sweet memories of you that are dear to our hearts forever will remain.


 



Sad Poems writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Sadness has overcome us all at one time or another. Either caused by a relative or close friend's death or from the girl or guy that broke our heart or just life in general. We all handle situations differently, some good, some bad. This contest gives us the ability to explore this. Your poem can also play into other emotions that are common to writing like this such as anger or depression.


Lost my niece unexpectedly almost two years ago. 37 years of age very sad and heartbreaking. The family is still having a difficult time with the loss.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Joanne Gill-Maddick All rights reserved.
Joanne Gill-Maddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.