General Poetry posted July 7, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The start of an adventure.

A Pirate's Tale

by Brenda Henderson


The year was 1860. "Ahoy There, Matyes"; shouted the Captain as he hailed the new crew while they boarded the ship.

The Navigator, the Cartographer and the First Mate were excited about the GRAPHIC depictions of the markers on the Map as they made ready for the trip.

There were triumphant shouts of JOY as they set sail from the infamous Port of New Orleans.

This would be the adventure of a lifetime; A voyage fraught with SPICE and filled with the type of exploits of which they had dreamed!

They would seek wealth, bounty and a kidnapped maiden named Beth on a voyage where others before them had met only with peril and DEATH.

The hull was loaded with barrels of Rum; For a band of Pirate rescuers they had become!
 



Use These Words writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
The challenge is to write a poem that includes the words provided. Your poem can be of any type.

The words:

graphic - joy - death - spice
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Cindy Sue Truman at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brenda Henderson All rights reserved.
Brenda Henderson has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.