Biographical Flash Fiction posted June 28, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I was born a preemie, with bad vision, hearing and smell

Don't want to lose my sight

by jake cosmos aller


The prompt was to pick one of the five senses that you would least like to lose and explain why, and which one I would choose to lose. I am a big reader and lately a big binge tv and movie viewer, so I would hate losing my sense of sight.

If I had to choose one to lose, it would probably be smell since I am nose blind. I simply can't smell a lot of things. My taste buds are probably the most developed and are close to normal, maybe above normal.

I would most hate to lose my sense of sight. This is because I was born four months premature. Spend the first few months in an oxygen tent, which was a newly discovered technique. My mother drank and smoked while pregnant, but I don't blame her. Everyone did back then, they did not know better. The doctors said that I would probably be blind, deaf, and mentally deficient.

Well, I am half blind, quarter deaf, and half nose blind as well. But I tested as a genius. I was reading at the 16 grade (college-level highest score) level in the first grade and got 750 on my history advance placement SAT score -only one of eight people to score so high in the entire country. I should have majored in history at university.

For 65 years, I have worn glasses, probably should wear a hearing aid but so far have not gotten round to it

My wife has supervision, hearing, smell, and taste. Sort of complements my deficiencies. As we do in so many ways






Five Senses writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Touch. Smell. Sight. Taste. Sound. Which one of the five senses would you never want to lose? Which one would you give up if you had to? Answer these two questions in 300 words or less.


According to 271 Word, so please go for that for the word count. I have poor vision, hearing, smell but superior taste and touch. Because I have fibromyalgia, my sense of touch is probably above normal as is my sense of taste. One of the side effects of fibromyalgia is that you feel things that are not there. I also have some missing teeth and I often have teeth pain in the missing teeth which is weird.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jake cosmos aller All rights reserved.
jake cosmos aller has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.