General Non-Fiction posted June 18, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Hoping you enjoy some of my memories.

Martini lover

by aryr


Many years ago, my long-lost cat named Samantha had a particular like in her diet. It was only when I read damommy's article about PC that I realized that there was a similarity between the cats.

Samantha was also a black cat. When she was about ten years old, she had a fascination with pizza in that she would pick off the olives, spend many moments sliding across the floor in the olive. Then she would chew them to mush and spit them out, proceeding to her next olive.

The other thing she would enjoy was to insert her entire paw into my mixed martini for the olive at the bottom of the glass. For this reason, I discreetly mixed her own martini. I watched her when I mixed my martini and thus discovered her like for the olives or perhaps it was the drink itself. I made mine with gluten free vodka-Tito's and a gluten free vermouth, with a little ice and of course an olive or two.

She would reach her paw into the mixture and pull the olive up the inside of the glass to the top, then out. She rubbed her face all over the olive then once again mushed it in her tiny mouth, only to desert it and seek her next treat.

It seemed ironic that I enjoyed pizza that was fully loaded and a martini together about every three weeks and that was when she had her fix.

I miss her silly antics, hell, I miss her.



Recognized


Thank you so much for the picture-glowing green eyes by supergold.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by supergold at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.