Humor Fiction posted June 17, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Politician gets reminder of the old days

Blast from her Past

by Elizabeth Emerald


My friend Scott's repair shop is cluttered with vacuum cleaners that have yet to be retrieved. (Apparently, many of his customers clean house as often as I do.)

Scott and I got to reminiscing today about his delinquent customers. I was curious as to which machine had been in residence the longest and asked how many years it had been there.

This is what he told me:

Last week, I tripped over a Dirt Devil that has been in the basement for as long as I could remember, longer than any of its fellow orphans. I checked the tag and saw it belonged to Katherine Clark.

So I called her to tell her it was high time she reclaimed it.

She demanded to know how I got her private number. She said she hasn't given out the number since she was elected to Congress.

It was then that I realized that I was speaking to our U.S. Representative. The name had been vaguely familiar, but it hadn't occurred to me that she was THE Katherine Clark.

I asked her how long she's been in Congress.

She said eight years.

I told her the Dirt Devil has been here since March of 2009.

Katherine Clark now resides in Washington D.C., a seven hour drive from Melrose, Massachusetts.

She promised to pick up the machine if she isn't re-elected. 

I figure I'm stuck with the thing for another twelve years.



Recognized


Rainbow Dragons by MoonWillow on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.