General Poetry posted June 17, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Ideal qualities of a Dad

What Makes a Dad

by Richard Frohm

Ode Contest Winner 
A DAD is someone always there for his children. Both in good times and the bad times.

His love and the type of person he is will be one of the greatest influences on the type of adults they will be one day.

A DAD always finds time for his children, no matter how busy he may be.

His children will try his patience all throughout their lives, but he never loses his.

A DAD is there to catch his children when they fall.......... but smart enough to know when it is time to let them fall.

He is someone they can ask a question because they know he will have the answer.

A DAD is always there when they are hurt or need a shoulder to cry on.

He is the one ever-constant part of their lives.

A DAD'S love for his children is undying, and they will always know it.

And when he leaves this earth a part of him will remain within each of his children.


Writing Prompt
An Ode is a poem praising and glorifying a person, place or thing.

Ode
Contest Winner


I wrote this just for my father.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Richard Frohm All rights reserved.
Richard Frohm has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.