General Poetry posted June 16, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A damp wind can sap energy and mood

The Winds of Catatonia

by Senyai



The Winds of Catatonia


Your hazy breath upon me wields a blow
A torpor stills a certain calm of death
As if I drank a bitter tainted sloe
Left poisoned, yet so slothful and bereft

If I should waste supine by garden walls
Hear not wee lark’s full throated rousing song
Drape my visage with a funeral pall
Then if I died, t'would be remiss for long?

I cock my ear but cannot hear a sound
Gusts have left me deaf, in final stupor
I feel as if I’m buried underground
Why, dank wind, my happiness doth neuter?

I best arise as Lazarus unearthed!
Reclaim my days, bestowed on me from birth!


....


 



Nature's breath. writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem about the wind. Any style or length.

Recognized

#121
June
2021


* This is a Shakespearean sonnet.

*Many of us struggle with mental issues and illness that requires treatment, some do not. Most, but not all are affected by weather in some way or another. Hoping for the best outcomes for all, as mental illness is just like any other illness but many times trickier to treat.

*Temperature, wind, and sunlight were found to have an effect on negative mood. Sunlight seemed to play a role on how tired people said they were.

*Wind had more of a negative effect on mood in spring and summer than in fall and winter.

* Catatonia:
is a group of symptoms that usually involve a lack of movement and communication, and also can include agitation, confusion, and restlessness.

*Torpor:
1: a: state of mental and motor inactivity with partial or total insensibility
b: a state of lowered physiological activity typically characterized by reduced metabolism, heart rate, respiration, and body temperature that occurs in varying degrees especially in hibernating and estivating animals

2: APATHY, DULLNESS

*Sloe: a thorny Eurasian bush with plum like fruits from the blackthorn. Extremely sour and bitter, not to be eaten raw, but added to alcohol like gin and brewed slowly flavored with cinnamon, almond essence and cloves to make a particularly aromatic mixture.

Lazarus, Hebrew Eleazar, ("God Has Helped") a figure mentioned in the New Testament. The miraculous story of Lazarus being brought back to life by Jesus is known from the Gospel According to John 11:1- 45. Lazarus was raised then from irreversible death. He was dead as witnessed by many and entombed for four days before being fully healed by Jesus of Nazarath.



The marvelous drawing personifying the wind, was in the public domain.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Senyai All rights reserved.
Senyai has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.