Commentary and Philosophy Script posted June 12, 2021


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Fighting back...

Respect

by ElPoetry001


Rodney Dangerfield is Correct

Rodney Dangerfield is a comedian.
His main complaint is:"I don't get no respect."

Mr. Dangerfield, like many of us, believes that we are being deprecated, and disrespected by many, who are so engrossed in their ear phones, intertwined with their hands and facial motions, that they are making, while on their telephones, while walking, riding a bike, driving a car, or skydiving, that we are invisible.

As we venture out from the bubble of Covid-19, we seek to make sense of the world that is subject to various viruses that can quickly and invisibly kill many.

Is Nature the enemy, or are we the "Enemy Within?"

Must we all fight, and kill, in order to achieve status celebrity and possessions that cannot pass through the eye of a needle."
In the Bible the message is that we must love one another.
Most people do not fully understand the purview of that statement; they generally connect love, to sex or respect for their parents.

I believe that one of the most prominent concerns of Love is respect.
People can understand that premise, because they do generally understand that they will be received based on how they deal with others.

Power and greed and narcissism are some of the goals that are being taught, and sought, by some who are willing to do just about anything to get a celebrity status or a power position or wealth.

The New Testament quotes Jesus as saying that "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God".

We must have laws, mores, and customs that result in everyone having the freedom's, protections, and opportunities that are expressed in our Constitution.

It is sad to consider that we have more rules in sports than we have in society.
In sports, everyone is on the same field, everyone is subject to the boundaries, and everyone is subject to the penalties.

As we abandon the structure of our society we have "Lawless Pursuit" of power. The world becomes a "cage fight" with no rules.

We must never forget the brutality of the Holocaust.
It is often rightfully referenced as a blight on the world stage.

However, few people mention Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

We now have the weapons that are available to kill our world and all its inhabitants.

I have seen them in the night sky, and I hear their message, we still have time to avoid the Apocalypse.

I have not heard the bells ringing; we still have a chance...





Winning at all costs,, costs everything!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. ElPoetry001 All rights reserved.
ElPoetry001 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.