General Poetry posted June 9, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
5/7/5 Late Summer Haiku

Rain Sinks In Soil

by Gypsy Blue Rose

rain sinks in soil

till creek meanders to sea —

cicadas emerge



 



Recognized


This spring in the eastern United States, love is in the air where billions of cicadas emerged after 17 years. The insects are part of a group called Brood X These cicadas have been subterranean, tunneling and feeding beneath the soil. When they are back above ground, finding a mate is a top priority. They are a noisy bunch.

KIGO cicada is the season word for late summer

HAIKU is a Japanese short poem that uses imagistic language to convey the essence of an experience of nature intuitively linked to the human condition. FORM: In Japanese, haiku is written in three lines 5/7/5. In English, it's 17 syllables or less, as brief as possible.

The essence of haiku is represented by the juxtaposition of two images or ideas separated by a dash to pause for introspection, usually at end of the second line.

source of 5/7/5 syllables rule ***
source haiku rules by William J. Higginson, Haiku Society of America *** HaikuWorld.org


Thank you very much for your review and your valuable time,

Gypsy



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.