Young Adult Poetry posted June 7, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Gratitude & Love = Action & Reaction

Missing In Action

by Jennifer L Newcomb

Grace is freely bestowed
Resting in loves abode
Appreciating God given breath
Today could introduce death
Illustrative of Gods love
Trusting in Heaven above
Unity coming to everyone
Divinity calling us "come"
Eternity awaits so run!



Acrostic Poetry Contest contest entry


The Hebrew meaning of Gratitude is to kneel, bless.
Gratitude and Love are action words. Today they seem to be missing in action. There is a lot of me, myself and I in the world today. So much entitlement mentality that one couldn't be grateful, it is due them. I believe in loving thyself in a healthy way no doubt. However, true gratitude grows in love and we are to lift others and esteem others higher then we do our self. Well, again that is hard when ego (edging God out) is at the forefront of your world and it is all about you. True happiness is only full filled when you help another individual with no expectations or motives. When both gratitude and love are flowing together, that is heaven here on earth (as we would put it).

GRATITUDE is the wine for the soul, go ahead, get drunk.
Rumi
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Jennifer L Newcomb All rights reserved.
Jennifer L Newcomb has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.