General Fiction posted June 5, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a flash fiction

245 Seagrass Lane

by judester


Sarah was startled by the sound of a key in the lock. Suddenly, a woman opened the front door wide and strode in while talking on her phone.

"Oh, this is just lovely, exactly what you were looking for Anne. Nice view of the ocean and a beautiful wildflower garden."

Sarah followed her unexpected guest around curiously as the real estate woman walked through the beach house, opening doors and cupboards.

"Oh yeah, it was a terrible shame. Newlyweds. Both drowned that night. Yeah, real tragic.
Anyway, I'm going to offer 850, maybe 900. It won't be on the market for too long."

The woman picked up the wedding photo of Sarah and Sam from the mantle.
She sighed and placed it back gently.

With a gasp, Sarah ran down the hall and peeked into the bedroom at her Sam. He was reading the Sunday paper in bed.

"Sam, do you remember that night we went sailing? The storm, the capsizing? Remember please. How did we get back here? Do you remember dear? Do you remember! It's important because I think something bad happened. I think we both died that night."

"Sarah darling, I do know. Then I thought of our vows, until death do us part, and I could not let you go. We had just got married."

The high heels in the hallway were getting closer.

Sarah dived under the sheets, then raised her hands. She swayed slowly with a mournful cry,

"We stay just until end of season, okay my love?"
 



Summertime writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction story that takes place in the summer season. Choose one of three scenarios to write about: a buried treasure adventure, a haunted beach house, or a tropical island paradise. Must be 250 - 500 words.


Thanks to Linda Wetzel for the artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Linda Wetzel at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.