Humor Fiction posted June 3, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
my nimasis

The Mysterious AP

by pome lover






This story is not about some people sittin' at a table.
It's about me and some resent problums.

I had a pointment with the doctor yestaday because I have spinal stynopesis.

Turned out I didn’t get to see him because his AP said he had to do an emergency dichotomy, so I saw her instead. She was real nice. I told her I’d been takin’ my blood pressure every day and it punctuated between 130 and 135 over 68. She said that was not good and ascribed these pills she said would help my overall well bean. 

When I took the capsools, they made me feel strange so I called the doctor and 'splained what his AP said. He told me his PA  was a man and he didn't know who I'd seen, but to stop the metticasion pronto.

That escart me, I can tell you. I stopped and I called the farmasiss and asked what kinda dizeeze the pills were for. He said it was a "fass-actin' nahcottic and he didn't know who the PA was who called it in. Told him it werent a PA it was a frawd, a fake PA who had it in for me and wanted my damize.

He said it was lucky I called my doctor to check and he was sorry for the mixup. I told him his farmacy was at fault an I jes might sue.

That ticked him off a smidge and he razed his voice, but then he cahmed down and said he'd check with my doctor and they'd find out who the fake AP was.

So the doctor called me to tell me that he was workin on it, and I told him  since he was on the fone that I was worried because sometimes I had rabid heart papitations and I didn’t know if maybe my heart was murmuring to me to stop eating potato chips and I’d really hate to do that. I’m kinda adoptive to ‘em. I mean, we’re s’posed to have salt in our diet or God wouldena made it, right? And potatoes are stapled, right? I learned that in grade school, and I’ve got a super retaintive memory.

I heard him sigh. Anyway he said he wanted me to come in and to make another appointment. I did, and while I waited for him to come in the room, his nurse said he told her I was one of his most favorite patience  ‘cause I had a inter-restin’ take on life. I’m not sure what he meant by that. I take life as it comes, inter-restin’ or not. And mostly it’s not, excep for lately. But I don’t complain. I pride myself on bein’ optimistent. I mean after all, who wants to be a malcontrant? Not, me, I can tell you that. I’m a Saggiterrier, which means I’m happy.

Seems t'ween the doc and the farmasis, they caught up with the fake PA - (what does that mean, anyway?) - and the lawng the shawert of this tail is that the PA turned out to be my ex ma-in-law in disgize.  Can you b'lieve thet?
 




Waiter, There's A Spy in My Soup contest entry


This was fun, though nary a pun, just a few dollops of malaprops.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by supergold at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.