General Non-Fiction posted May 27, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
angry pigs?

A Little Anger

by mermaids


My husband and I have had guinea pigs now for almost four years. We still do not know everything about them and the most fascinating part of having them as pets, is the various sounds they make. Angry guinea pigs? Oh yes. They demonstrate anger.

Occasionally, our four girls, Trixie, Lulu, Nessie and Giddles shake their cages. Sometimes, they keep us up at night with all the racket. They are furious about something. It might be with each other. We do not exactly know. But the cages shake, rattle and roll. So much for sleep.

Guinea pigs are social creatures. They do like company. But like us humans, they can become irritated and angry with each other. One of the ways they demonstrate this, is to bite each other on the butt. My husband does not like this and will scold them. They do stop it.

Another sign of anger or impatience is, these little girls know their feeding times. They are fed four times per day, alternating hay with salad. If we are late with their food, we hear about it. Trixie our short haired, brown and white piggy, can screech a loud shrill sounding reminder.

So they may be only small animals but guinea pigs are full of emotion and ours are little princesses that expect to be catered to. They never cease to amaze us.




Club entry for the "Prose" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. mermaids All rights reserved.
mermaids has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.