General Non-Fiction posted May 26, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A contest entry

Life Goes On...

by aryr

When I was a toddler and even into adulthood, I never knew that people could be racist.

I was raised on food items of bear meat, elk, moose, venison, snake, gopher and fresh vegetables and fruit.

Now, today and even in my yester years when I mention these foods, I get replies such as 'Yuk', 'how awful', and 'oh my goodness' or worse.

Over the years, I have met many people who have said those things and I wonder how society allows such ignorance or in some cases stupidity

As I grew up, I realized that although we all bled with the same color of blood in our veins, yet we were all different or unique in our ways.

We, as a people have to recognize the difference in our lives, the differences in our cultures, the differences that society have left each of us in.

The world is full of hatred and anger. Is it not time to stop and listen to each other and to the voice of nature.

Namasta and Blessings.



Race-Less Portrait contest entry

Recognized


Thank you Dick Lee Shia for the artwork of Bi-Racial Playmates.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.