General Non-Fiction posted May 18, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
We all have that one time.

Revenge is a finger

by Mia Twysted


In the locker room at half-time, when his team had all but given up on themselves, Rick Moranis inspired the Little Giants to go back out on the field and fight his brother's Pee-Wee Cowboys by telling them about the "one time." The "one time" he beat his brother, the "one time" he won.

This sparked a fire in the team as the players started talking about their own "one time." The "one time," they were stronger, braver, and downright victorious over the bullies that tormented them. I have mountains of memories of my defeats, losses, and slaughter. However, like the Little Giant's, I do have a story about that "One Time."

There came a day when I had enough. Something in me snapped. I see it as a scene in front of me on the TV. It's more prestigious in my mind's eye that way.

At our townhouse in Tofttress, we had metal closet doors. Each was made up of two panels so that they folded open and shut flat. The doors also had tilted slits. So the perv hiding in your closet had a good view. Moving on.

I see it up close and in slow motion. My brother is sitting on the floor, cleaning, I think, and his hand crossed the metal slides that guided the doors. He was past the threshold.

With one thrust, the two metal panels clenched and plowed forward. This time it wasn't me that suffered the damage; it was him. There was blood, and there was bone. In my mind, it was a circus of terror for him. Every mean blow he ever threw was now vindicated. Whether it was or wasn't, I don't know for sure, but I do like to believe he cried.

To this day, there is a lump on his finger from the incident. A physical reminder to all who thought themselves losers. To all who thought they could never beat their tormentor. Here is proof that "One Time" is all it takes for victory.

I will carry this victory with me till my dying day.


IF YOU'RE MY MOTHER OR MY FATHER
I wish we had smartphones back in the day so that you could have just whipped out the cell and taken a picture. I think how nice it would be to have. I could frame it! Yup, frame it.

IF YOU'RE MY BROTHER
You had many victories over me through the years. You may not remember them all. I, however, have had very few, so I must hold on to the memories that showed me the impossible could be accomplished. Even with your pain, you taught me lessons, so is the way of the mighty big brother.



Share Your Story contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mia Twysted All rights reserved.
Mia Twysted has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.