General Fiction posted May 17, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a short story

happy meal

by judester


Vanessa strode through the park hungrily. Her red hair ablaze in the midday sun.
She looked around for sustenance and decided on a young couple kissing beneath the shady tree.

Yelling, not kissing now consumed the couple as a fierce argument burst out.
Vanessa grinned cheekily and ducked as the girl's sandal sailed past her head.

She continued uninterested past a lone girl, sadly feeding the ducks.

Vanessa cocked her head and headed towards a child's joyous laughter.

Three young girls sat on the park bench enjoying their ice cream happily.

Until Vanessa passed by. The three scoops made a wet sound as they hit the pavement.

The girls wailed in unison, Vanessa smiled.


A lively wedding party gathered by the rose garden and took photos of the newly weds. The festive laughter attracted Vanessa towards them.

Suddenly, thunder cracked loudly as lightning pierced the darkened sky. The black clouds and rain rolled in drenching everyone.

The bride sobbed as she held up her dress from the damp grass and ran to the church with the others.

Okay, now I really have had enough.

With a little burp, Vanessa made her way home.



The Variants of Vampires writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
In this contest, come up with a type of vampire that lives on something else other than blood. Write a story (250 words maximum) about this vampire.
Have fun! :)


Thanks to Raoul D'Hermental for the artwork.
A diet of other people's happiness. yum.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Raoul D'Harmental at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.